Spiritual Movements usually burst forth at the grass roots level and usually stop within the limitations of the corporate or institutional level. It soon becomes a cage we make for ourselves.
Here are some of the obstacles that limit the average Church from succeeding at the grass roots level.
- Structural and staff maintenance costs and debt
- Institutional corporate and legal limitations
- Higher Fuel and food prices and lower wages
- Hierarchical Control
- Loss of Integrity
- More focus on assimilation (inside the walls) vs transformation (outside the walls)
- Competition – Did I mention Control?